The Branson girls tennis team put their talents up to the test on Tuesday against reigning Central Ozark Conference reigning champion Nixa.
The girls fell short but learned a lot about their lineup as they head into the latter half of the season.
Branson went down 3-0 when Nixa took all three doubles points. Branson was able to win two singles matches before Nixa won the final four points for a 7-2 win.
Branson moved to 3-4 with the loss, but looked to bounce back at Neosho on Thursday. Results of that match were not available in time for publication.
The Pirates will host their home tournament on Saturday, Sept. 18, before closing out the month with competitive games against Carthage (Sept. 21), Carl Junction (Sept. 23), Greenwood (Sept. 27), and Willard (Sept. 28).
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
- New downtown Branson nightclub set to open Halloween weekend
- Pre-demolition auction announced for Jim Stafford, Caravelle theatres
- Arkansas man dies in fatal boating accident
- Taney County couple jailed on child endangerment charges
- Stratford House Inn closes
- Farmhouse restaurant welcomes FOX & Friends to Branson
- Former teacher arrested for child sexual exploitation
- Hollister Mayor retires after 31 in political office
- Branson nurse shares cancer journey to urge others to get a mammogram
- A little respect for the vaccine job quitters