Branson hosted Joplin and continued a high-scoring season with a 3-0 win over the Eagles.
Midfield pressure caused a turnover that senior Carlton Epps captured and fed the ball to senior Brayan Barboza into space near the box.
Barboza snuck the ball into the net for the first goal after several chances from Barboza and Epps earlier.
Branson’s second goal didn’t come until the second half when senior Ben Smith earned an assist off a corner after senior Jose Najera scored.
Epps earned a goal off a corner when the Joplin goalkeeper was off his line. The goal put Epps one away from equaling the school record. The win put the Pirates at 5-2.
The Pirates continue on the road on Saturday where they will face Kickapoo at 11 a.m. They will only have one game next week at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 21, at Nixa.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
- Pre-demolition auction announced for Jim Stafford, Caravelle theatres
- Taney County couple jailed on child endangerment charges
- New downtown Branson nightclub set to open Halloween weekend
- Arkansas man dies in fatal boating accident
- Stratford House Inn closes
- Farmhouse restaurant welcomes FOX & Friends to Branson
- Former teacher arrested for child sexual exploitation
- Hollister Mayor retires after 31 in political office
- A little respect for the vaccine job quitters
- New microbrewery brings 'plow to pint' to Hollister