Fire

Firefighters work to put out a fire at Papouli’s restaurant on May 1. A Thursday post on the restaurant’s Facebook page said the restaurant will not reopen, ending 33 years of business.

After more than three decades, Papouli’s Greek Restaurant in Reeds Springs announced it is closing for good.

“To all of our beloved friends and customers, we are sad to announce that Papouli’s will not be reopening after the fire,” said a post on the Papouli’s Facebook page. “We hope you all can understand and we want to thank each and everyone of you for all your support and business over the past 33 years. We will miss you all tremendously, God bless you.”

The popular Greek and Mediterranean restaurant has been closed since a fire on May 1. The damage from the fire was labeled as moderate in nature and was contained to mainly the roof area of the kitchen, in the center of the building, according to Branson Tri-Lakes News archives.

That was the second time the restaurant had caught fire in recent years. In August 2012 the roof of the restaurant burned due to an electrical issue, according to archives.

As of press time, the closing announcement on Facebook had garnered more than 200 comments and nearly 250 shares from people thanking Papouli’s for the great food, service and atmosphere and more.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.